Date: November 1, 2021
Who uses our services.
We make our Services available to different types of users. As discussed further below, the information that the Services collect from and share about a user may depend on the user type. An individual may be one or more of these types of users depending on the nature of the individual’s interactions with our Services.
- JobSeeker: An individual who uses the Services.
- Employer: An entity that has a company profile on the Website or otherwise has services provided to it by EBM.
Information we collect.
You can visit the Website and access certain Services without providing any Personal Information. However, please note that if you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may not have full access to or be able to fully use all of the Services. Additionally, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Services. When you register, the Services require you to provide Personal Information, as described below.
Information about JobSeekers:
In connection with the Services, we collect various types of Personal Information about JobSeekers, which may include:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Username and password
- Work and educational history
- Company and job title
- Other information from JobSeekers' resumes
- Information about the jobs JobSeekers apply to through the Services
- Location information
- Payment information
Information about Employers:
We collect various types of Personal Information about Employers, which may include:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Username and password
- Content posted or submitted by Employers
- Personal Information of their employees (referred to as "Employer Content")
EBM may make certain Employer information identified above available to Visitors and/or the public for the purpose of providing the Services.
We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase Services. This information is collected via secure payment processing services.
Automated Collection of Additional Information: In addition to the aforementioned data, we automatically gather various types of information through our Services. This includes:
- Your IP address and domain name
- Your approximate location inferred from your IP address
- Your Internet service provider
- The date and time of your visit to the Website
- Your usage patterns and activities during your current session and over time, which encompasses the pages you view and the files you download
- The URLs of the websites you visit before and after navigating our Website
- Operating system and browser type of your computer and/or mobile device
- Software and hardware attributes, including device IDs
These details are collected automatically utilizing various mechanisms integrated into our Services.
We employ a variety of mechanisms to collect the aforementioned information, which include:
- Server Logs: When you visit our Website, certain information is automatically received and recorded from your computer or other devices, as well as your browser. This may include your IP address, the web pages you visit, the features you utilize on our Website, and your general geographic location inferred from your IP address. Server logs or similar applications are used to obtain this information, recognizing your computer or other devices and capturing details about their online activity.
- Cookies: We utilize cookies in the provision of our Services. Cookies are small files stored on your computer or other device by your web browser. They enable the Services to recognize whether you have visited before and may store user preferences and other information. Cookies are employed to collect various details about your usage of the Services, such as the pages you view, the files you download, your operating system and browser type, your Internet service provider, your domain name and IP address, your general geographic location, and the website you visited before and after accessing the Services. If you have concerns about cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or notify you when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You also have the option to delete cookies from your computer. However, please note that blocking or deleting cookies may impact the functionality of certain features on our Website. We utilize the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are vital for the proper functioning of the Services and enable you to interact with and utilize its features. If your browser does not permit these cookies, we are unable to provide you with certain Services.
- Preference Cookies: These cookies collect information about your preferences and choices, such as your preferred language or the country from which you access our Services. We utilize this information to personalize your experience.
- Advertising Cookies: Cookies may be used within the Services to deliver more relevant advertising messages to you. For more information and to opt out, please read the section below titled "Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising."
- Pixel Tags: The Services may employ "pixel tags" (also known as "clear gifs" or "web beacons"), which are electronic files typically consisting of a single-pixel image. These pixel tags can be embedded in web pages or emails to transmit information, potentially including Personal Information. For instance, they allow the sender of an email to determine whether a user has opened a specific email. Deleting or blocking cookies will not prevent the collection of information through pixel tags and similar tracking mechanisms. However, as discussed in the section below titled "Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising," you can take measures to limit the use of such information for advertising purposes. Nevertheless, we may continue to utilize the information for other purposes, including analytics.
- Local Storage: HTML5 local storage may also be utilized to collect and retain specific information about you. Data stored in local storage is not deleted when you clear your cookies, but you can delete it by following the instructions provided by your browser developer.
Information collected on third-party sites. In certain instances, we utilize the aforementioned mechanisms to track users as they navigate through and interact with third-party sites. For instance, we may employ cookies, pixels, scripts, or other tracking mechanisms to identify instances where users of our Services visit the website of one of our business partners and apply for a job. This information allows us to analyze, among other things, how many applicants for a specific position discovered it through EBM. While we do not disclose Personal Information in conjunction with such tracking data to our business partners, we may provide de-identified information and analytics, as discussed in the section below entitled "How We Share Information with Third Parties."
How we use your information
We utilize the Personal Information we collect from users, including Advice Seekers and Employers, for the following purposes:
- Provide the Services and deliver a personalized experience by tailoring our Services to individual interests and preferences of users;
- Fulfill the terms of any agreements with you, respond to your requests, and complete transactions you initiate, including payment processing;
- Display job notices and other company information on behalf of Employers (referred to as "Employer Content");
- Transmit or redirect JobSeekers' job applications to Employers;
- Communicate with users through email notifications, newsletters, and updates, including promotional communications related to topics, products, jobs, and Services that we believe may be of interest;
- Conduct surveys, contests, or promotions;
- Perform analysis and research to improve the Services and enhance user experiences, and maintain the quality of our products and Services;
- Aggregate and share anonymized information;
- Track and recognize visitors to the Services, and analyze how visitors use the Services;
- Engage in analytics and targeted advertising as described in the "Third-Party Analytics and Targeted Advertising" section below; and
- For any other business purpose permitted by applicable law.
How we share information with third parties
At EBM, we may share information with third parties for various purposes. Here is an overview of how we share information with specific parties:
Other users of the Services: We may share information, including Personal Information, with other users of the Services when appropriate. For instance, if you submit information to us or complete an application, we may share that information with an Employer who will evaluate your application.
Business partners: To fulfill your requests for the Services, complete transactions initiated by you, or meet the terms of any agreements you have with us or our business partners, we may share your information, including Personal Information, with our business partners.
Legal purposes: We may use or share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties when we, at our sole discretion, believe it is necessary:
- To comply with applicable laws, court orders, subpoenas, requests from government or law enforcement agencies, or other legal processes;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving threats to our property, the property of any person, or third parties;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets. In the event of an actual sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business or assets, your information, including Personal Information, may be part of the transferred assets.
De-identified or aggregated information: We may also compile and share de-identified or aggregated information about users of the Services. This could include publishing reports on usage trends or sharing aggregated information about historical and real-time employment trends.
Third-party analytics and targeted advertising
At EBM, we collaborate with select third parties to collect information for analytics, auditing, research, and reporting purposes. These third parties may utilize web logs, pixel tags, or similar online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other devices. For instance, Employers may use pixel tags or scripts provided by EBM to track user navigation to their websites and the submission of job applications.
The Services may also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to gather information about our Services over time and across unaffiliated websites for online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may utilize the fact that you visited our Website to display targeted online ads for our Services on websites not affiliated with EBM. Additionally, our third-party advertising partners may use information about your general online behavior, based on your use of the Services, to target advertisements unrelated to EBM. To learn more about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, you can visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
At EBM, we prioritize the security of your information and employ physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect it against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, it's important to note that no security program can guarantee absolute security.
Your choices and access to information
Depending on your location, such as the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, and applicable laws, you may have certain rights concerning your Personal Information:
- Access: You have the right to access your Personal Information.
- Update: You can update your Personal Information by contacting us via email or updating your registered account details, if applicable.
- Consent withdrawal: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of Personal Information based on your consent.
- Deletion and objection: You can request the deletion of your Personal Information or object to its processing.
- Complaints: You have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the relevant supervisory authority.
If you would like to learn more about the Personal Information EBM has about you or exercise your choices regarding your Personal Information, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by mail using the address provided in the "Questions or Comments" section below.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from EBM, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions included at the bottom of each message. However, please note that even if you unsubscribe from marketing communications, you will still receive administrative messages.
Keep in mind that there may be technical reasons causing a delay in accessing or deleting your Personal Information from our systems when you make a request. Additionally, we will retain Personal Information as required by law, to protect our rights and the rights of others, resolve disputes, enforce our legal terms or policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Transfer of information to The Netherlands
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 16, and EBM does not knowingly collect Personal Information or other information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years old, you may not use the Services under any circumstances or for any reason.
Third-party links, websites, and apps
We do not knowingly collect, and we request that you do not send or disclose, any sensitive Personal Information through the Services. Sensitive Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, social security numbers, financial account information (except for required payment information), and information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership.
Contact information; questions or comments